Wednesday, February 18, 2009

You know you are getting old when...

you start talking about:
- life insurance policies
- quiting smoking
- eating healthy and sleeping early
- how parts of our body cannot function properly
- where to find good deals for wedding rings

these were some of the topics that my friends and i discussed this evening while we were paying a visit to a friend at the hospital. depressing really but necessary.

shit hits the fan and hence, i've been doing a lot of self-reflection lately. i realized that i'm about to finish the 1st chapter of my life's trilogy (given i live to be 90) and how i've really done nothing for myself and in some cases, the people around me (i.e. parents, close friends, charity). maybe its a good time to re-arrange my priorities and really understand the life cycle. maybe becoming a monk can help speed up my thought process...

No comments: